Who is it suitable for?
This Level 2 Certificate in Vehicle Component Fitting qualification is ideal for learners, aged 14-19 year olds, who are interested in learning about the maintenance of motor vehicles. The qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment. It supports the learner's progress into the retail motor vehicle industry and to a Level 2 Vocationally Competence Qualification (VCQ).
For the younger learners, this qualification can supplement their progress to GCSEs and other appropriate destinations, such as apprenticeships and employment.
Learners will develop their knowledge of:
- health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- removal and fitting of basic light vehicle mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) components and non permanently fixed vehicle body panels.
They also have to opportunity to develop their knowledge of:
- materials, fabrication, tools, equipment and measuring devices in the automotive environment
- systems, components and operation of spark ignition engines and compression ignition engine systems
- inspection and replacement of light vehicle:
- exhaust components
- vehicle batteries and related components
- suspension dampers and springs
- braking systems and components
It is a fully rounded qualification that also forms a progression pathway between IMI Awards' Technical Level 1 Diplomas (VRQs) and Level 2 Diplomas (VRQs).
Learners must demonstrate their selected units' learning outcomes by following and achieving the required assessment components. The assessments for these qualifications combine various assessment styles/methodologies, including written, practical and online tests, in order to suit the levels and subject of the units contained within them.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications