SFA Funding Rules 2016 to 2017
PUBLISHED: 22/02/2016 | UPDATED:16/03/2016 16:10:03
SFA have released several documents throughout February, relating to the upcoming changes and rules of funding that will be implemented towards the aim of full devolution come 2018/2019.
Read future plans of further education and skills reform programme.
What to expect for 2016/2017 funding year:
- Extension of Advanced Learner Loans will be available for adults aged 19+ at Levels 3 to 6.
- Legal entitlement offer for learners aged 19-23 exercising their first full Level 2 or 3 and/or English and Maths (GCSE/Functional skills or stepping stone qualification), initial list released.
- Local Flexibility offer will include Entry Level to Level 2 qualifications as well as non regulated provision.
- Apprenticeship Standards new funding cap added and new rules relating to assessment organisations and end-point assessment.
- Apprenticeship Frameworks – extended the funding for apprentices aged 19-24.
A breakdown of changes can be found here:
> Funding Rules 2016 to 2017 Summary of Changes
> Funding Rates and Formula 2016 to 2017 Summary of Changes
> Skills Funding Agency
> SFA Funding Rules 2016 to 2017
> SFA Updates