Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 (ST033/AP03)
NEW ASSESSMENT PLAN ST033/AP03 JUNE 2018
The new Assessment Plan version ST033/AP03 for Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Apprenticeship has been developed as a result of a review by the Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standard Employer Group. It has been approved for use by The Institute for Apprenticeships (IFA).
Centre applications and Apprentice registrations for the new Assessment Plan ST033/AP03 will open on Friday 1st June 2018. Please note that the e-logbook and Gateway materials will not be available until 1st August 2018.
Please be advised that Apprentice registrations for the current Assessment Plan ST033/AP02 will close on Tuesday 31st July 2018.
Q. What are the changes to ST033/AP03?
A. Changes in summary:
- Removal of mandatory on programme gateways and other references to on programme assessment
- Change of Independent Assessor/Apprentice ratio for the End Point Skills Test from 1:9 to 1:3
- Additional detail and changes to the End Point Assessment methods, including grading
- Training specifications and behaviours framework removed
- Resit/re-take information included and clarified
- Confirmation that external quality assurance will be undertaken by the Retail Motor Industry Standards and Certification (RMISC).
Q. Should Apprentices registered on the End Point Assessment for ST033/AP02 move onto the End Point Assessment for ST033/AP03?
A. No. In accordance with The Institute for Apprenticeship’s general principle, the IMI recommends that apprentices continue on the version of the Assessment Plan that they started upon.
Q. Can we have different cohorts of Apprentices on different assessment plans?
A. Yes, you can have a different cohorts of apprentices on different assessment plans. However, it is not advisable to have apprentices in the same cohort on different assessment plans.
Q. What do we do if we are approved for AP02 and now want to gain approval for AP03?
A. Email email@example.com to request approval. A new EPA ST0033/AP03 contract will be sent to you, this will need to be signed and returned. Once signed and returned the new AP03 standard packages will be available for registration.