This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland only
Who is it suitable for?
This Level 4 qualification (based on IMI SSC National Occupational Standards) is for technicians already competent at level 3, who wish to develop their knowledge and skills.
Note: This qualification does not meet the knowledge component of the IMI SSC Higher Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
Technicians, already competent at level 3, will develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- supporting job roles in the automotive work environment
- how to make learning possible through demonstrations and instructions
- how to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
- monitoring procedures to control risk to health and safety
- diagnosing motor vehicle faults where no prescribed process or format is available
- providing technical support and advice to colleagues in motor vehicle environments
- liaising with vehicle product manufacturers and suppliers on technical matters
- knowledge of providing diagnostic equipment and technical information system support in motor vehicle environments
- knowledge of conducting diagnostic consultations with customers in motor vehicle environments
Technicians achieving this Level 4 qualification may progress into first line management or onto further learning and/or training.
In order to successfully complete this qualification learners are required to complete a number of IMI Awards’ set:
- practical assessments
- online knowledge tests
- and written knowledge assessments
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications