This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland only.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification allows learners to develop underpinning knowledge whilst practising skills that could be used within employment in the land-based technology industry. This Level 3 Extended Diploma allows learners to expand their specialist focus. Therefore it is ideal for individuals who have a keen interest and some practical experience in maintaining agricultural equipment and machinery, and who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in a particular area of the sector.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma contains eight mandatory topics:
- service and repair of engines and components
- service and repair of hydraulic systems and components
- inspect and test land-based machinery and equipment
- understanding health, safety and welfare
- land-based workshop practice
- understanding and working with land-based vehicle engine technology
- understanding land-based vehicle chassis systems
- undertake and review work related experience in the land-based industries
Learners then choose other topic areas from a choice of 37 optional units.
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
This qualification includes a practical approach to assessment. It also uses online tests and written assessments to ensure the learner's knowledge and understanding.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
Declared Purpose IMIAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Land Based Technology
BAGMA Letter of Support
CLAAS Letter of Support
John Deere Letter of Support
KIRBY Letter of Support
MANNS Letter of Support
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications