Who is it suitable for?
The Level 3 qualification is for individuals who have significant experience in their job role, which may include a workshop supervisor, independent technician or a technical demonstrator.
- a workshop supervisor will have a good understanding of land-based products, including parts. they will support their manager and act as deputy in their absence. they will also ensure customers' requirements are met and any issues resolved.
- independent technicians may work for a land-based dealership or be self employed. they are usually very skilled in a range of land-based equipment.
- a technical demonstrator will be able to sell, install and use new and existing land-based equipment. they will need good machine operating skills and understanding of all products.
There are four work-based competence pathways:
- Agricultural Machinery: includes tractors, harvest, cultivation and crop protection machinery
- Arboriculture/Forestry Machinery: includes chainsaws and chippers
- Ground Care Machinery: includes garden, sports turf and local grounds maintenance machinery
- Fixed Plant Machinery: includes grain/crop processing and milking equipment.
This qualification forms the competence component of LANTRA SSC Intermediate Apprenticeship (L3). The LANTRA apprenticeships seek to fill skills gaps identified by the land-based engineering sector, including technical knowledge, computer literacy, customer care and basic technical skills.
To be awarded this qualification, learners must demonstrate that they are able to perform their job competently.
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
Learners are required to produce evidence of their occupational competence which is their ability to use all their skills and knowledge to complete tasks effectively. The qualification also incorporates online testing and written assessments to demonstrate the learner's knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications