Who is it suitable for?
This work-based NVQ is a motor industry qualification that covers activities that relate to bus and coach service maintenance technicians. It assesses the skills and knowledge that technicians working within this area need to perform their job role effectively.
The qualification includes:
- thermal joining of bus/coach components
- scheduled body maintenance on buses/coaches
- set out and assemble bus/coach body components
- assess and repair body damage
Other skills that may be required include:
- using hand tools and equipment for maintenance
- identification, location and rectification of mechanical faults in bus/coach systems and components
- identification, location and rectification of electrical faults in bus/coach systems and components
- inspection of buses/coaches
- preparation and treatment of surfaces and application of paint coats to bus/coach body panels
- installation of ancillary systems and components
- establishing customer technical requirements
- improving the service provided to customers
- planning and organisation of work for self and others
- supporting learners by mentoring in the workplace
- evaluation and development of own knowledge, understanding and skills in the bus/coach engineering and maintenance environment.
- achievement of effective working relationships with colleagues
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
Learners will demonstrate their skills and knowledge by collecting evidence of their work. This evidence is usually presented in a portfolio (however your approved centre may use an alternative method). The assessor will advise learners how to generate, collect and present their evidence.
Please note: These NVQs are NOT assessed using IMI set online (knowledge) tests.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications