This vocationally related qualification/technical certificate (knowledge qualification) expired on 31st August 2014.
It has been replaced by a new single ‘combined’ knowledge and competency IMI qualification IMI Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) I.D. No 601/3452/5 on 1st September 2014. This means that the new qualification incorporates both knowledge and the competence within the same qualification.
The ‘combined’ qualification has therefore also replaced the current NVQ and VRQ/technical certificate within the respective apprenticeship frameworks at Levels 2 and 3 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as acting as a standalone qualification.
Who is it suitable for?
This VRQ offers individuals the opportunity to develop and improve their knowledge of business and administration. We have added an optional unit specifically for individuals who wish to gain knowledge of working on Dealer Management Systems (DMS) in the automotive sector.
For some individuals this could provide useful recognition of their professional knowledge; aiding their step from one job role to another, e.g. moving into supervisory and/or management roles. For others, it could prepare them for progression to further learning and training.
This L3 VRQ:
- is flexible and transferable
- can be used by both technical and non-technical staff
- is an alternative to a Business and Administration NVQ.
Learners will gain knowledge of:
- personal responsibilities and how to develop and evaluate their own performance at work
- working with and supervising others in a business environment
- managing information and producing documents in a business environment
- providing and maintaining administrative services
Learners will also have the option to gain knowledge in:
- Project management
- Budgets in a business environment
- Maintaining stationery stock
- Change and innovation in a business environment
- Understand how to use dealer management systems (DMS) relevant to the automotive industry
This VRQ also forms the knowledge (technical certificate) component of the Council for Administration (CfA) Business and Administration Apprenticeship (L3) framework.
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
Learners will demonstrate that they can meet the learning outcomes and assessment criteria by passing the IMI Awards' set online multiple-choice tests (mandatory units) and by criterion referencing evidence against each unit's assessment criteria in a portfolio of evidence.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications