IMI Level 3 Award in Heavy Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement Including Bus and Coach
This is a Level 3 vocational qualification which provides individuals with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to work on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles including bus and coach.
WHO IS THE QUALIFICATION FOR?
This qualification is for training providers and employers to deliver to learners in the 16-18 and 19+ age groups. These learners will have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely when carrying out making “safe”, reinstating activities and replacing components on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles.
It is therefore designed for those people who may encounter heavy electric/hybrid vehicles within an operational environment. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
This Award-sized qualification offers skills within this specialised industry sector which, in addition to complimenting current industry qualifications and experience, will enable learners to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to:
- Vehicle maintenance and repair technicians
- Vehicle damage repair technicians
Individuals interested in taking this course will need to possess appropriate heavy vehicle operation and repair skills at Level 3.
WHAT DOES THIS QUALIFICATION COVER?
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out operational and repair activities including replacing components. This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
IT CONTAINS TWO MANDATORY UNITS:
- Preparing Heavy Electric/Hybrid Vehicles for Repair
- Heavy Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Making a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle “safe” to work on
- Reinstating a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle
- Working safely on a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle
- Using appropriate information, tools and equipment
- Removing and replacing (non live) high energy electrical system components
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations
WHAT COULd THIS QUALIFICATION LEAD TO?
Once Learners have achieved this qualification they can progress to further study or manufacturer training on heavy electric/hybrid vehicle diagnosis and repair.