This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland only.
Who is it suitable for?
L2 Subsidiary Diplomas are flexible qualifications fundamentally designed for:
- school and college leavers who wish to join the automotive industry
- individuals (who are not employed in the industry) who want the opportunity to develop occupational knowledge and carry out practical tasks.
These learning programmes involve students studying the theory and practical aspects of the essential knowledge and skills required by today's motor vehicle repair industry. Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
These qualifications also include the option of selecting Applied Units; offering a breadth of learning where the criteria is contextualised for the retail motor industry. The Applied Units include:
- S2: Vehicle Science
- M2: Vehicle Maths
- ICT2: ICT for Vehicle Repair
- EE2: Vehicle Electric & Electronics
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
Knowledge and skills are assessed using a combination of methods that are set by the IMI:
- practical assessments in a motor vehicle workshop environment
- written knowledge assessments
- online multiple-choice testing
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications