Who is it suitable for?
This work-based NVQ is a motor industry qualification that covers activities that relate to bus and coach service maintenance technicians. It assesses the skills and knowledge that technicians working within this area need to perform their job role effectively.
The qualification includes:
- routine assembly of body components
- identification of body damage and recommendation of suitable repair techniques
- rectification of body damage
Other skills that may be required include:
- using hand tools and equipment for maintenance
- identification, location and rectification of mechanical faults in bus/coach systems and components
- identification, location and rectification of electrical faults in bus/coach systems and components
- thermal joining
- vehicle inspection
- preparation and treatment of surfaces and application of paint coats to body panels and components
- operating IT systems in the engineering and maintenance environment
Successful learners will demonstrate a broad working knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in garages and maintenance depots.
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
Learners will demonstrate their skills and knowledge by collecting evidence of their work. This evidence is usually presented in a portfolio (however your approved centre may use an alternative method). The assessor will advise learners how to generate, collect and present their evidence.
Please note: These NVQs are NOT assessed using IMI set online (knowledge) tests
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications