Who is it suitable for?
This L2 VCQ would suit:
- school and college learners on work placements/apprenticeships who wish to join the automotive industry
- employees working within the industry who are seeking to enhance and/or demonstrate their experience and competence in their work role. Please note, experienced staff enter onto a VCQ programme at the level suited to their role and competence.
This L2 Diploma is designed to provide a standardised approach for the delivery and assessment of the competence and knowledge requirements. This VCQ also forms the integral component of the IMI SSC Accident Repair Apprenticeship framework (for the Body Building route).
This VCQ is an integral part of IMI SSC Accident Repair Apprenticeship Framework (Body Building Route). The programme involves the following:
- Understanding of vehicle construction and material
- Removing and fitting body panels, chassis and cab components
- Assembling, positioning and installing body parts and components
- Joining components using mechanical fixings
- Removing and installing electrical units
Optional units include:
- MAG welding
- adhesive bonding
- fabricating panels.
Candidates are required to demonstrate all of the evidence requirements, learning outcomes, assessment criteria through workplace evidence. Full guidance documents and assessment records are supplied by IMI.
When the L2 Apprenticeship is completed, an apprentice can progress to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship or broaden their education and training in other ways from this firm base.
The knowledge component of this qualification is also independently assessed via online testing. The tests are mapped to each knowledge unit's learning outcomes and assessment criteria to ensure coverage (these are marked electronically by IMI).
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications