Who is it suitable for?
This knowledge and skills qualification (VRQ) is primarily designed to meet the needs of the young apprentice. It suits school & college students (and leavers) who wish to join the automotive industry.
It provides learners with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of a range of routine vehicle inspection, fitting and maintenance procedures:
- Routine light vehicle maintenance, including engine systems.
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing light vehicle: standard and high performance tyres.
- Carrying out light vehicle four wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle: exhaust components, suspension dampers & springs, vehicle batteries and braking systems & components.
- Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
This qualification offers the opportunity for progression onto:
- a full IMI SSC L2 Apprenticeship – or one of its component qualifications, e.g. a L2 Light Vehicle Technical Certificate
- a Vocational Competence Qualification (VCQ) for those who are employed.
The assessment is made up of two components:
- Practical tasks
- Online testing
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications