This vocationally related qualification/technical certificate (knowledge qualification) expired on 31st August 2014.
It has been replaced by a new single ‘combined’ knowledge and competency IMI Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) I.D. No 601/3451/3 in 1st September 2014. This means that the new qualification incorporates both knowledge and the competence within the same qualification.
The ‘combined’ qualification has therefore also replaced the current NVQ and VRQ/technical certificate within the respective apprenticeship frameworks at Levels 2 and 3 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as acting as a standalone qualification.
Who is it suitable for?
This learning programme offers individuals the opportunity to develop and improve their knowledge of business and administration. IMI has added an optional unit for those who wish to gain knowledge of working on Dealer Management Systems (DMS) in the automotive sector.
For some individuals this could provide useful recognition of their professional knowledge; aiding their step from one job role to another, e.g. moving into supervisory and/or management roles. For others, it could prepare them for progression to further learning and training.
About this VRQ:
- is flexible and transferable
- can be used by both technical and non-technical staff
- is an alternative to a business and administration NVQ.
Learners will gain knowledge of:
- personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- providing administrative services
- managing information and producing documents
Learners will also have the option to gain knowledge in one of these areas:
- supporting change in a business environment
- supporting business events
- maintaining stationery stock
- project management
- budgets in a business environment
- contributing to innovation and change
- understanding how to use dealer management systems (DMS) relevant to the automotive industry
This VRQ also forms the knowledge (technical certificate) component of the Council for Administration (CfA) Business and Administration Apprenticeship (L2) framework.
Learners who are employed in a suitable role could choose to undertake the Business and Administration NVQ at L2 (the competence component of the Business and Administration Apprenticeship).
When an apprentice has achieved a L2 Apprenticeship, they can then choose to broaden their education and training in other ways from this firm base.
Learners will demonstrate that they can meet the learning outcomes and assessment criteria by:
- passing online multiple-choice tests for mandatory units (set by IMI)
- criterion referencing evidence against each unit's assessment criteria in a portfolio of evidence.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications