L2 Certificate in Principles of Bus and Coach Engineering and Maintenance (Electrical)
Who is it suitable for?
This Bus and Coach Engineering and Maintenance knowledge qualification is particularly suitable for people who have recently begun employment as bus/coach electricians, as it covers the knowledge and practical skills required for the repair and maintenance of electrical systems in buses and coaches. It is also the knowledge component of the Apprenticeship framework in Bus and Coach Engineering and Maintenance electrical pathway.
The qualification includes the following areas, the understanding of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring and how to:
- identify, locate and rectify electrical faults in systems and components
Other skills that learners will have the opportunity gain knowledge of include how to:
- carry out bus and coach servicing
- identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in engine systems and components
- identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in chassis systems and components
- identify, locate and rectify mechanical faults in transmission systems and components
- thermal joining components
- how to conduct inspections of buses and coaches
- routine assembly of body components
- identify and repair damage to body panels and components
- provide roadside assistance and recovery for buses and coaches
Successful learners will also demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in maintenance depots.
Learners can undertake the IMI Bus & Coach Engineering and Maintenance VRQ (Electrical) at Level 2 as the knowledge component of the Apprenticeship in Bus & Coach Engineering and Maintenance electrical pathway.
For some individuals, a Bus & Coach Engineering and Maintenance VRQ could prepare them for progression to a new role in the work place.
The assessment of this VRQ is made up of three components:
- Practical tasks
- Written Assessments
- Online testing
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications