Who is it suitable for?
This Level 2 vocationally related qualification is for individuals who wish to work in job roles such as sports ground care technicians and service technicians.
These technicians will keep land-based equipment and machinery in good working order through planned maintenance, as well as diagnosing and repairing machinery as required.
The qualification's combination of units provides learners with the flexibility to choose areas which interest them. Therefore learners have the option to develop their knowledge of:
- health and safety
- applying mechanical principles
- using, servicing and maintaining tools and equipment
- material preparation, shaping and assembling
- servicing and maintenance of land-based equipment
- performing thermal joining and cutting processes
- servicing and repairing cooling and lubrication systems
- servicing and repairing engines and components
- clutches, fluid flywheels and torque convertors
- mechanical transmissions
- servicing and repairing braking systems
- wheeled and tracked steering systems
- cutting and mowing equipment
- using calculations
- introduction to land-based workshop practice
- introduction to land-based machinery operations
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge, to aid their step from one job role to another.
This qualification includes a practical approach to assessment. It also uses online tests and written assessments to ensure the learner's knowledge and understanding.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications