This is a Level 2 vocational qualification which provides individuals with an introduction to the knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to work on heavy electric and hybrid vehicles.
who is the qualification for?
This qualification is for training providers and employers to deliver to learners in the 16-18 and 19+ age groups. These learners will have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely when preparing for repairs on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles' high energy systems.
It is therefore designed for those people who may encounter heavy electric/hybrid vehicles within an operational environment. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
This Award-sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which, in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to:
- Vehicle maintenance and repair technicians
- Vehicle damage repair technicians
Individuals interested in taking this course will need to possess appropriate heavy vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge and skills at Level 2.
WHAT DOES THIS QUALIFICATION COVER?
The content of this qualification has been designed to give learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out operational and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy electrical system.
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge and skills in:
- Heavy electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding heavy electric/hybrid vehicles
- Reducing the risks to yourself and others when working on heavy electric/hybrid vehicles
- Making a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle high energy system “safe” to work on
- Reinstating a heavy electric/hybrid vehicle high energy system
- Online knowledge test – 30 questions/ 60 minutes
- Practical assessment
what could this qualification lead to?
Once Learners have achieved this qualification they can progress to further study or manufacturer training on heavy electric/ hybrid vehicle diagnosis and repair.