Who is it suitable for?
This qualification provides the essential knowledge and skills for vehicle body paint operators working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist paint businesses.
This Level 3 qualification covers both theory and practical aspects, including:
- preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- establishing paint defects
- working with plastic materials and components
- applying topcoats and completing refinishing operations
- vehicle colour matching
Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
The assessment is made up of three components which are set by IMI:
- practical tasks
- written assignment / coursework
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.