Who is it suitable for?
This qualification provides the essential knowledge and skills for vehicle body repairers working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and specialist body businesses.
The learning programme involves theory and practical aspects, including:
- removing and replacing motor vehicle body panels
- identifying and rectifying motor vehicle body misalignment
- MIG & MAG welding techniques and operations
- motor vehicle body resistance spot welding operations
- motor vehicle construction and materials
Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
The assessment is made up of three components which are set by IMI:
- practical tasks
- written assignment
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.