Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is for:
- school and college leavers who wish to join the automotive industry
- individuals (who are not employed in the industry) who want the opportunity to develop occupational knowledge and carry out practical tasks
- employees of the industry who are seeking to enhance and/or demonstrate their understanding of their work role.
Units included are:
- Health, safety and goodhousekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosing and rectifying motorcycle electrical faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying motorcycle chassis system faults
- Diagnosing and rectifying motorcycle transmission and driveline faults
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
The assessment is made up of two components:
- practical tasks
- online testing
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.