Who is it suitable for?
This qualification includes the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures. It provides essential knowledge and skills for vehicle fitters working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and fast fit businesses.
It provides learners with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of some of the following:
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle and motorcycle tyres.
- Carrying out light vehicle four wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches, exhaust components, suspension dampers, vehicle batteries and braking systems.
- Safe use of oxy-acetylene.
- Assessing and securing a roadside situation.
Learners will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
The assessment of this qualification is made up of two components:
- Practical tasks
- Written assessment
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.