Who is it suitable for?
This Diploma is ideal for learners aged 16+ who enjoy a practical environment, are interested in vehicle refinishing (paint repair) and wish to develop and broaden their experience at a level suiting their ability.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However selection criteria for entry should take into account each applicant's existing academic/vocational qualifications, experience, and interest in working in the industry sectors.
This qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment, and includes many visual questioning techniques, which will stimulate and interest the learner.
The qualification’s combination of units provides learners with the flexibility in the choice of the areas they wish to develop their knowledge and skills in.
All learners will develop their knowledge and skills in:
- health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance
- vehicle refinishing tools and equipment
Examples of some of the unit options available follow:
- basic vehicle preparation
- vehicle refinishing materials
- vehicle paint application and minor defect rectification
- vehicle body repair practices and procedures
- vehicle body repair materials
- removing and fitting non-permanently fixed motor vehicle body panels
- removing and fitting trim components
The assessments for this qualification have a practical focus and combine various assessment styles/methodologies in order to suit the subject and levels of units contained within it.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.