Who is it suitable for?
This Diploma is ideal for learners aged 16+ who enjoy a practical environment, are interested in vehicle body repair and wish to develop and broaden their experience at a level suiting their ability.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However selection criteria for entry should take into account each applicant's existing academic/vocational qualifications, experience, and interest in working in the industry sectors.
This qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment, and includes many visual questioning techniques, which will stimulate and interest the learner.
The qualification’s combination of units provides learners with the flexibility in the choice of the areas they wish to develop their knowledge and skills in.
All learners will develop their knowledge and skills in:
- health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance
- foundation skills in vehicle materials, structures and technical information
Examples of some of the unit options available follow:
- vehicle body repair materials
- basic vehicle body repairs
- moving loads and vehicle jacking
- forming and joining for vehicle body repair
- basic vehicle preparation
- removing and fitting motor mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) components to vehicles
The assessments for this qualification have a practical focus and combine various assessment styles/methodologies in order to suit the subject and levels of units contained within it.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.