Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is primarily designed to engage and motivate aged 14 to 19 year olds who are interested in learning about the refinishing (paint) of motor vehicles, the various roles that are available in the retail motor industry, and seeking qualification that will support their progress into the industry.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However selection criteria for entry should take into account each applicant's existing academic/vocational qualifications, experience, and interest in working in the industry sectors.
This qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment, and includes many visual questioning techniques, which will stimulate and interest the learner.
The qualification’s combination of units provides learners with the flexibility in the choice of the areas they wish to develop their knowledge and skills in.
All learners will develop their knowledge and skills in:
- health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance
- vehicle refinishing tools and equipment
Examples of some of the unit options available follow:
- basic vehicle preparation
- vehicle refinishing materials
- vehicle paint application and minor defect rectification
- vehicle body repair practices and procedures
- vehicle body repair materials
- removing and fitting motor mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) components to vehicles
The assessments for this qualification have a practical focus and combine various assessment styles/methodologies in order to suit the subject and levels of units contained within it
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.