Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is primarily designed to engage and motivate aged 14 to 19 year olds who are interested in learning about the body repair of motor vehicles, the various roles that are available in the retail motor industry and seeking a qualification that will support their progress into the industry. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However selection criteria for entry should take into account each applicant's existing academic/vocational qualifications, experience, and interest in working in the industry sectors.
This qualification has a predominately practical approach to assessment, and includes many visual questioning techniques, which will stimulate and interest the learner.
The qualification’s combination of units provides learners with the flexibility in the choice of the areas they wish to develop their knowledge and skills in.
All learners will develop their knowledge and skills in:
- health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- materials, structures and technical information
Examples of some of the unit options available follow:
- introduction to the retail automotive maintenance and repair industry
- vehicle body repair materials
- basic vehicle body repairs
- moving loads and vehicle jacking
- forming and joining for vehicle body repair
- basic vehicle preparation
- vehicle electrical foundation skills
- applying fillers and foundation materials
The assessments for this qualification have a practical focus and combine various assessment styles/methodologies in order to suit the subject and levels of units contained within it.
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.