Knowledge Qualifications (Vocationally Related Qualifications)
These are nationally-recognised, vocationally-related qualifications (VRQs) which provide the essential knowledge to do a job. Many Level 2/3 VRQs are an essential component of the Sector Skills Council’s Apprenticeship framework.
Who are they suitable for?
- Those who choose a vocational route
- Those in full or part-time further education
- Those seeking employment, who therefore do not have access to competence qualifications (e.g. VCQ or NVQ)
- Those undertaking an Apprenticeship with a knowledge qualification (VRQ) requirement
How do you get one?
- Full or part-time basis at an IMI approved centre
- Through training, and undertaking practical and online assessments
- Typically each level is completed in an academic year