Who is it suitable for?
This Level 3 vocationally related qualification (VRQ) is aimed at learners who wish to develop the higher level knowledge and skills required to service and maintain cycles.
This Level 3 qualification has mandatory units (those considered essential for learners to achieve), but optional units are also included to offer learners the opportunity to broadening their studies in specific areas of interest.
Learners will develop their knowledge and skills of how to:
- Carry out routine maintenance on a cycle
- Identify and agree customer requirements
- Build a cycle wheel
- Maintain and repair cycle hydraulic disc brake systems
- Maintain and repair cycle suspension systems
- Maintain and repair cycle complex wheels
- Identify and replace cycle advanced headsets and bearings
- And refurbish cycle bottom brackets and cranks
They will have the option to also develop their knowledge and skills of:
- Maintaining and repairing cycle complex internal hub systems
- Cycle frame alignment and cycle frame geometrics
- Diagnosing and rectifying cycle electronic gear change system faults
- And electrically propelled cycle awareness
This Level 3 VRQ has a high level of technical content coupled together with advanced practical skills
On completion of this qualification the learner could progress onto higher level study or into employment
This qualification is assessed by practical tasks and written assignments
Want to know more?
Please contact an IMI approved centre.
View this qualification on the Register of Regulated Qualifications