SFA Funding - final call for your letters of support
The Skills Funding Agency (SFA) is responsible for approving which qualifications the Government funds for learners aged 19+ plus. The SFA seeks to ensure that employers, sector bodies, colleges, training organisations and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) recognise value and support the qualifications it funds. The SFA requires evidence of this, in the form of letters of support, from these stakeholders.
A large number of qualifications have been removed from the adult funding list applying to 19+ learners for standalone qualifications. This means less and less qualifications in our sector are being funded.
We are appealing to the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) for our qualifications to be included on the Funding lists 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 for 19+ learners only, outside of apprenticeships and in England only, with particular interest in the following:
- Level 1 Diploma in Automotive Body Repair (600/2583/9)
- Level 1 Diploma in Automotive Refinishing (600/2584/0)
- Level 1 Certificate in Motorcycle Maintenance (6002587/6)
- Level 1 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance (600/2662/5)
- Level 1 Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance (600/2769/1)
- Level 1 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance (600/2806/3)
Therefore, in order to appeal, we require your help. Please provide us with letters of support by midday on Tuesday 2nd June 2015, at the latest.
Please use the guidance and template letter of support, accessible via this link.
Please send completed letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: FAO Rob Gray, Awarding Product Development, Institute of the Motor Industry, Fanshaws, Brickendon, Hertford, SG13 8PQ.