Functional Skills Workshops
Limited remaining spaces for the Functional Skills English Workshop for Thursday 9th November.
This workshop will focus on the Functional Skills English Standards at Levels 1 and 2, how to prepare learners effectively for assessment in Reading and Writing and how to carry out the Speaking, Listening and Communication (SLC) assessments.
Spaces are also available for the Functional Skills ICT Workshop for Tuesday 14th November.
This workshop will focus on the Functional Skills ICT Standards at Levels 1 and 2 and how to prepare learners effectively for assessment.
Both workshops will be held in Birmingham - further information can be found in the documents, together with the booking forms, on the right-hand side of this page.
Free initial assessments for English and Maths Functional Skills
The features of this offer are:
- Free, stand-alone initial assessment tool for maths and English (E1-L2)
- Paper-based and online versions
- Works on any device with a basic internet connection (tablet compatible).
Additional resources are also available at discounted rates, these include:
- End to end eLearning in maths, English and ICT (EL3 - L2) which take learners from initial assessment to test ready
- Video lessons, printable textbook versions and interactive assessments
- Optional contextualised video lessons for Construction, Hair & Beauty and Care
- Bespoke learning plans automatically created and presented for each learner
- Lesson builder tool that allows you to upload your own learning materials
- Designed to be delivered by non-specialist tutors in a range of classroom and remote environments - full tutor guidance included.
- From £6 per learner per subject with no contracts - pay as you go - buy just the licences you need
- Free training for staff - including best practice on delivering with e-learning and Ofsted/audit advice.
To access the free initial assessments, please contact Barry Seddon, Functional skills Consultant for Hodder Education by email: firstname.lastname@example.org