If you have learners struggling financially or there is an item of equipment which would really support them in completing their qualification and progression into the industry, there are charities out there that can help get you the support you need.
One of these amazing charities is the BMTA Trust Ltd. BMTA provide individual one-off grants of up to £1,000 to young people to help them overcome financial barriers to achieve their education, training or employment goals in the motor industry. Examples of items that can be applied for are course fees, tools and help with living costs.
Here is an example of the support BMTA offers.
'T' works at a Parts Distribution Centre. He has Type 1 diabetes and a complication called Charcot Foot, caused by diabetes, which causes weakened bones in the feet. He had six months off work due to a break in one of his foot bones. He needs bespoke, specialist steel toe-cap work shoes to protect and support his feet while at work. These shoes are not available on the NHS.
The Trust helped with £250 towards the cost of the work shoes.
THE T'S AND C'S
To be considered for support you must be:
- Aged 16-25
- Receiving little or no financial support from family members
- Financially challenged
- Committed to pursue a defined goal in relation to education, training or employment in the motor industry
If this sounds like it could help any of your learners then ask the learner to follow these three simple steps:
- Give the Case Secretary, Jane, a call on 01883 371 280 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and have a chat about your situation.
- If Jane thinks BMTA may be able to help you out she will send you an application form to fill in. You will need a referee’s contact details to add in so they can double check the support will really help you.
- Send the form back and the BMTA Trustees Board will talk through all the requests they receive and make a decision.
If you would like to find out more information about BMTA Trust please email Jane at email@example.com.