The IMI is now introducing FREE IMI Student Membership for eligible* IMI learners. IMI Student Members will gain access to an automotive specific interactive website and a dedicated support team to progress them throughout their career in the industry.
Why has Student Membership been created?
IMI Student membership was founded to enable us to communicate directly with IMI students to explain the benefits of taking an IMI qualification, support them with advice and guidance throughout their qualification and through the transition into their future career, whilst demonstrating the validity of our qualifications and collecting learner destination data.
Working with our centre network and their students will enable us to ensure they have a positive learning experience and a fulfilling career in the automotive industry
What do centres need to do?
Once a learner has registered on an IMI Qualification, centres are required to ensure each learner validates their registration and provides additional information such as address, phone number and email through an online form.
Here is the link for new IMI students to sign up to Student Membership: www.theimi.org.uk/signup
How can you help students sign up?
Step 1: Once a new learner has registered on an IMI Qualification, you simply need to provide them with the link below (sign-up will take less than 1 minute).
Step 2: Once students have signed-up, they will get a confirmation email with their log-in details so they can access the IMI Student Membership website.
Step 3: Encourage students to visit the website, where they can access careers information and technical updates as well as discounts and much more.
- Access to automotive specific careers information for their future
- The latest technical updates from the industry
- Articles, papers and videos linked to their qualification modules
- Discounts on tools and equipment to support their studies
- Support with next steps into their future careers
- Provide support material to enhance your students learning
- Engage with the students to remain on the qualification and in the industry
- Support your learners into a positive destination once the qualification is completed
- Making your life easier by supporting your learners through their qualification with you
- Providing destination data on your students who complete their qualifications and advise on how many previous students remain within the industry
- Supporting learners into positive destinations in the event of a change of circumstances to the centre
If you have any queries on student membership or the requirements as a centre, you can contact the IMI Student Membership and Careers Team, firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01992 519025.