Once establishing that the complaint is not about the End Point Assessment, apprentices should be advised to talk to their training provider, as per the instructions provided on the gov.uk website.
If you have a complaint about a further education college or apprenticeship, please follow the below steps:
1. Tell your tutor, human resources team or line manager if you have a complaint - your organisation may be able to solve your problem informally.
2. You can make a formal complaint if you aren’t able to solve your issue informally, or don’t want to.
3. In order to make a formal complaint - you must follow your organisation’s published complaints procedure.
4. If you don’t have the complaints procedure, ask the human resources team or people manager at your organisation for a copy.
5. The complaints procedure should tell you:
- what you need to send to make your complaint, for example a completed form or written evidence
- where to send your complaint
- how the organisation will treat your complaint, for example who will see it and possible outcomes
- when you can expect a decision
6. If you’re unhappy with the outcome, you can complain to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), complaints.ESFA@education.gov.uk.
7. ESFA will acknowledge your complaint within 5 days and will let you know what will happen next.
For more information go to: https://www.gov.uk/complainfurthereducationapprenticeship