What you can expect
Becoming an IMI candidate
If you have been registered on an IMI qualification you will be known as a ‘candidate’ and given a candidate number. Remember to quote this when you contact us. You will also need your candidate number if you are completing an online assessment (please note, you cannot take the assessments in your home!).
Once you have successfully completed your qualification, we will issue you with your certificate (after checking that your college or training provider has carried out all of your assessments correctly!). Your certificate will be delivered directly to your school, college or place of work – so, if you are waiting for it to arrive, always check there first.
What to expect from your school/college/training provider
Before starting an IMI qualification your college or training provider must tell you:
- how you are registered
- how you will be assessed
- how you will get your certificate
- how to contact IMI
- what to do if you need to complain or appeal against an assessment decision
Your induction should also include:
- details of the qualification(s)
- health and safety
- equal opportunities
- the centre’s expectations of you.
Getting the most out of your learner experience
We hope you enjoy your time with IMI. The experience you have and what you take away at the end is very much up to you. Apart from the usual; turning up to lessons and handing your assessments in on time, we have written our top tips for getting the most out of your learner experience.
Top Ten Tips
Candidate Guidance notes (including complaints and appeals procedures)
- Speak to your parents, carers, friends, employers – these are the people most likely to help you if and when you need advice, support or guidance.
- Familiarise yourself with AUTOcity; you can find out loads of information about careers and jobs information.
- Grab opportunities whenever you can – you just don’t know where they might take you.
- Remember your key goals; these will spur you on
- Before completing assessments check, check and check again. Don’t lose out on valuable marks because of a silly mistake that could have been avoided!
- If you are unsure of anything within your IMI qualification, speak to your teachers, tutors and employers – or contact us via our website.
- Like us on Facebook to see what we’re doing – and to look at our photos!
- Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with the current trends and hot topics
- Join in with the discussion on LinkedIn.
- Become a member of the IMI. Membership demonstrates to current or prospective employers that you are serious about a career in the motor industry.
– if you are enrolled on an IMI qualification